Post-Christmas sales are Heaven-sent. If there’s any holes in your wardrobe, that’s the perfect time to fill them! Zara and Nordstrom are worth mentioning, because I scored chic pieces without going over budget. I’ve also taken advantage of American Apparel’s Going Out of Business sale. Regular-priced items are 40% off and everything on sale is 70%, um yes. These high-waisted denim pants were a regular $70, but I got them for $21! Not to mention, they make my derrière look quite nice.
I had a look in mind involving a crewneck sweatshirt and denim pants, with fishnets underneath. The one I’m wearing was originally $55, but I bought it for $22. It’s a TopShop original, sold at Nordstrom. It has both a feminine and masculine appeal, and it looks good with almost anything, whether it be jeans or a skirt.
What were your post-Christmas sale finds?
Crewneck Sweatshirt (No longer available)
High Waisted Denim (No longer available)
I’m slowly, but surely crossing all the items on my fall/winter wishlist. All except for the candy-floss-pink coat from Gucci, priced at $15,000. *SIGH*
Lately, Zara has been my go-to for inexpensive fall finds, and more. I found a pair of flared trousers that are just as chic as the Lisa Says Gah, Flared Trouser. The bell at the bottom is certainly an eye-catcher, and they’re a perfect fit! The top I’m wearing is another favorite purchase of mine via Zara. I was eyeing the tulle top online, but never made a purchase. When I saw it in store, I didn’t past go! Lol
Tell me about any recent fall/winter finds you’ve purchased!
Women’s Tulle Tiger T-shirt
Frilled Hem Trousers (Not the exact pair I’m wearing, but remotely close!)
Cross Mini Hoops
Velvet Choker – Thin
If you missed the Color Condition Installation via the Galleria Dallas, shame on you! The gorgeous paper chandelier hung above the Main Rink of the Ice Skating Center. Marianne Newsom and Sunny Slinger’s work of art made for a great shooting location. The looks below were chose by yours truly, from Zara!
Which look is your favorite?
Jason Fitzhugh Photography
Shiny Cropped Sweater
Short Metallic Skirt
High Heel Ankle Boots With Metallic Pull Tab
Shiny Top With Full Sleeves
Shiny Jacquard Trousers
Laminated Chunky Sole Plimsolls
Velvet Chocker – Thin
Fall is undoubtedly here, and I’m coveting a long list of wardrobe staples… *sigh*
- Suede Baseball Cap: I love baseball caps. They’re great if you’re having a bad hair day, and/or if you want to jazz up your look. I’m always browsing Nasty Gal, and I found a Vegan Suede Baseball Cap that would look great this season.
- Bomber: Bombers are pretty much the #1 outerwear staple this fall/winter. I purchased an inexpensive, oxblood colored bomber around two months ago, but I would love to own Gucci’s Embroidered Duchesse Bomber.
- Flared Trousers: I recently started following Lisa Says Gah on Instagram and their Flared Pant caught my eye, instantly. I can see myself pairing the pant with a silver mule. Too bad they’re sold out. 😢
- Pink Fur: Gucci’s candy-floss-pink coat is everything dreams are made of; if only I could eradicate those zeroes. (Hey, a girl can dream!)
- Leopard Faux Fur Coat: I love a good fur coat, especially one with print. The Stella McCartney Fur-Free-Fur Leopard Coat is definitely a conversation-starter. I’d wear this during a cold, night on a town in NY. Unfortunately, I’d only get a few days wear, because it doesn’t get THAT cold in Texas.
- Lucite or Perspex Boots: Call me crazy, but I have to get my hands on a pair of Lucite Boots. I have several looks I’d like to achieve with the crystal clear shoe of the moment.
- Black Beret: I’ve been trying to score a black beret since last fall. I couldn’t seem to find one, ANYWHERE. Oh, but that won’t be the case this time. I spotted the perfect wool beret via Nasty Gal. #Winning
- Letterman: This is definitely on my list of outerwear to purchase this season. Last week, I spotted the cutest letterman or patch jacket via Zara.
- Velvet Cocktail Dress: Velvet is such a sexy and timeless fabric. Expect to see me in more than one Cocktail Dress, paired with a moto jacket and strappy heels.
- Pink Silk Blouse: I previously mentioned buying an oxblood bomber — well, I think a Pink Silk Blouse would be a match made in ensemble heaven. I’d finish the look with mom jeans in a light blue wash and silver loafers.
- Ear Piercing: After seeing a photo of Chiara Ferragni‘s triple ear piercing, I want to follow suit. In case you haven’t noticed, multiple ear piercings looks great with small, subtle studs.
What about you, what are your fall/winter musthaves?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
There’s no coincidence with this post and the previous one. I found this dress at Buffalo Exchange almost two years ago, and it’s one of my favorite pieces. The bold, nautical print and pleats are what sold me. The shirt dress is quite the conversation piece — minimal with a subtle, fun detail. Initially, I wanted to pair Stans with this number, but I think my ole faithful gold heels did this ensemble justice. Get a look-see👇🏾.
Tag me in your photos wearing your favorite shirt dress. There’s a prize awaiting the best! 😉
SHIRT DRESS (No longer available) 🙁
Gold Sandals – Zara (No longer available) 🙁
Chiseled Ring – Dillard (No longer available) 🙁
Expect to see me in a shirt dress from now, until it gets cold again. I’m obsessed with the many variations, but I like the menswear-inspired versions. They look great with almost any shoe. I like to pair them with sneakers, chunky heels, lug soles and/or flat sandals. The one I’m wearing below has a masculine touch up top and a flirty, feminine look at the bottom. It definitely gives off a private school girl vibe.
Shirt dresses are a THING for me — obviously! What are your thoughts?
Silver Sandals (No Longer Available)
Cutout Ring Set
For those of you who follow the blog regularly, know that I’m obsessed with jumpers. A few weeks ago, I shot with Pomp Society for their one year anniversary sale, and one of the vintage items I modeled was a Mizz Lizz plaid, pastel-colored jumper. Of course, after being photographed in the piece, I ended up making the purchase!
I love how the jumper is a size 11/12, but fits perfectly. However, the leg region is a bit baggy, but still flattering. I received so many compliments on Thursday regarding my entire ensemble. I’m so relieved that I decided to hold on to my periwinkle bucket bag, as it paired well with the colors in the jumper. Honestly, I’ll probably never rid myself of this piece!
What are your thoughts on my vintage pastel jumper?
Mizz Lizz Vintage Jumper
Gold Sandals (No longer available)
“Kelley” & “B” Necklaces
Drawstring Bag (No longer available)
Dresses are one of my go-to pieces for summer. They’re fun and much effort isn’t required to create the desired look. The Katydid Fashion Women’s Maxi Dress fits my petite frame perfectly. Not to mention, the print is an eye-catcher with summer-friendly hues. I completed the look with Gold Taj Majal earrings, Dita sunnies, and Zara sandals-a perfect match!
What are your thoughts on my weekend style?
Katydid Fashion Women’s Maxi Dress
Zara Gold Sandals
Gold Taj Majal Earrings
Recently, I’ve been trying to tackle all of my September issues from my favorite fashion publications and I’ve got fall/winter’s musthave trends. Surprisingly, I’m not as ready for the coming seasons as I have been in the past. I’m still wanting to wear printed onesies and crop tops (of course, without the presence of a jacket or cardigan.) LOL
However, I’m prepared for the cooler temps and ready to experiment with the season’s hottest trends. As always, I’ve taken my notes to Polyvore and created a trend board for you to use as a shopping guide.
- Fall florals I love floral and the fact that I can still wear the print during the cooler seasons is a plus. Dresses, buttoned tops, and full skirts are my musthaves for wearing fall florals for the coming season.
- White is still right for the fall/winter season. Go for an head-to-toe white look or opt for the classic black and white look.
- Fair Isle Pullovers have made a comeback and can be paired with a pair of skinnies and flats or pointed heels.
- Tartan Accessories Add a tartan scarf to your favorite pea coat for a classic and polished look.
- Word Jewelry is so dainty and can easily add a chic touch to any ensemble. Word necklaces and rings are especially my favorite.
- Chain Strap Minis are so cute and I believe that they’ll never go out of style. Pair one with a patterned mini skirt for a classic, effortless look.
- Full Skirts are my favorite and look great with a silk, printed blouse. Opt for a real or faux leather full skirt and pair with a denim buttoned shirt and pointed heels.
- Fur will never go out of style. If you are unable to afford real fur, you can always choose a good quality faux fur. I purchased a faux fur vest last year and I’ll definitely be wearing it again this year.
- Bad Girl Plaid is bad ass yet so classic. This 90’s trend is one of my favorites. I could see myself pairing a black and red plaid mini skirt with a white buttoned short, underneath a black sweater. I’ll then finish the look with thigh high tights and black oxford heels.
What fall/winter ’13 trends will you try?