Happy Fashion Friday, Sweets!
We have approximately 11 days until summer ‘17. Are you ready? If so, good! If not, me neither! LMAO
I think I’ve discussed in previous posts that I don’t buy a bunch of threads when a new season is on the horizon. For starters, my disposable income won’t allow it, and that just seems like a daunting task.
Therefore, I purchase pieces at a time — good for both my wallet and sanity. Speaking of which, Beehive Boutique is my favorite! Their website AND stores are oozing with the trendiest pieces. It’s like shopping at a retail oasis, especially their location in Fort Worth!
Keep your eyes peeled for these summer ’17 trends:
- Shirting – One of my favorite trends; I don’t see us tiring of it anytime soon.
- Gingham – I own a fabulous gingham skirt. I personally approve of gingham on gingham.
- Basket Bags – I’m STILL trying to snag Cult Gaia’s Ark bag, it’s seriously a best seller.
- Retro Swimsuits – Don’t be afraid to opt for a nostalgic one piece or high waist bikini.
- Slides – Another one of my favorite trends! I’ve accumulated quite a few from Zara.
- Bold Florals – Start with an easy maxi if you’re reluctant to try this trend.
- Wrap Dresses – DVF.com!
What trends are you coveting for summer ’17?
Printed Top – Sold in stores
Denim Skirt – Sold in stores
Gold choker – HM
Trend cred: Elle
Do you remember those ensemble sets, or for the sake of familiarity, short sets your mother picked out for your daily summer adventures? My fondest memories of summer fashion were those (sometimes ridiculous) short sets. I had a lavender and lime duo that I considered a staple; I chuckle just thinking about it.
Thirty years later, and I STILL love a good set. They’re perfect for both spring and summer; and honestly, less time is spent with finding something to wear. Whether it’s a matching set or mix and match number, you have the luxury to throw on and go.
The sassy, yet quirky set I’m wearing isn’t a set, but to the untrained eye, it appears to be. 😌
My tips for nailing said look:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different patterns and/or prints. For example: gingham, polka dots, floral, stripes, etc.
- Choose your shorts, first.
- Seek out pieces that can be remixed with existing threads you already own!
- Have fun with your look!
I want to hear from you! What’s your style protocol for scoring the perfect summer set?
Criss Cross Sandal
Casio Digital Watch
I’m always researching fashion trends for the coming season. Hence, the reason why I’m wearing polka dot trousers in one photo, and blush cords in another. It’s a habit; in case anyone wants to peruse through the site and find out, it’s all here.
Polka dots, pink hues, and shades of yellow are showing up this spring. If you’ve never been to Dallas, our weather is pretty unpredictable. We’ve already experienced spring-like weather — highs in the 80’s last week.
Beehive Boutique in Fort Worth is the chicest. The inside is so picturesque, and the store is oozing with trendy merch for the fashion gal on a budget!
Heres’s a list of trends for Spring 2017:
- Seaside Stripes
- Polka Dots
- 50 Shades of Yellow
- Banker Stripes
- Statement Stripes
- Single Shoulder Cut-Off
- Flashdance Shoulder
- Sleeve Slits
- White Shirt Dresses
- Waist Cinchers
- The New Trench Coat
- Shocking Pink
- Flower Power
What trends are you coveting for spring?
Also, I’m wearing the Crayola x Clinique’s Mango Tango and Tickle Me Pink on my lips. They showed up as a slight tint on my lips, but they’re extremely moisturizing nonetheless!
Ensemble (1) Details:
Polka Dot Trousers
Ensemble (2) Details:
Colonel Mustard Top
Oh, Boy Corduroy! Flares