I can’t think of anything more amazing than the LBLD. Only the greatest wardrobe stable besides the LBD, the little black lace dress! I’m a huge fan of anything lace; lace makes me feel sexy, feminine, and bold. I like pairing lace with leather; I like wearing lace during the day, and love wearing it at night. 😉
Get into this extremely flattering lace number from Beehive. It’s the perfect mix of flirty, sexy, and trendy. The mesh neckline is my absolute favorite feature on the dress. There’s also a ton of ways to wear this dress to fit almost any occasion.
Additional ways I would’ve styled this dress:
- Paired with black blazer
- Paired with moto jacket
What are your thoughts? How would you style?
What’s your favorite holiday wardrobe staple?
Make Up Forever
A Little Romance Lace Dress
Patent Black Strappy Heels – No longer available
I jumped on the Huarache bandwagon last fall, while visiting a SIX:02 location, here in Dallas. Initially, I was shopping for pieces from Rihanna’s apparel line, Fenty x Puma, but I got distracted. I wandered over to the shoes, and one of the reps encouraged me to try on a pair of Huaraches. My initial thought was, These shoes are difficult to put on. However, that didn’t stop me from wanting them. After stuffing my feet into the 8, I pranced around the store in hopes of finding a way to talk myself out of buying them — nope. Needless to say, I went home with the sneakers. Mind you, I’ve never paid over $50 for sneakers, so I guess that’s why I had a case of buyer’s remorse. I returned the sneakers the next day, only to end up snagging an Adidas bomber I spotted before eyeing the Huaraches.
To my surprise, I was gifted a pair for Christmas from the SIX:02 team! It was totally unexpected, and the shoes arrived a few weeks prior. Huaraches are a stylish sneaker; once you get them on, they’re super comfortable. Eventually, I’ll wear these whenever I go running (which will probably be never 🙃). My first wear was last week, and I paired them with a top from MissGuided. I like really like the idea of wearing rocker tees with leather bottoms, and completing the look with an edgy sneaker.
Do you have a sneaker crush? If so, share it in the comments below!
Seek The Storm Graphic T-Shirt
Fall is undoubtedly here, and I’m coveting a long list of wardrobe staples… *sigh*
- Suede Baseball Cap: I love baseball caps. They’re great if you’re having a bad hair day, and/or if you want to jazz up your look. I’m always browsing Nasty Gal, and I found a Vegan Suede Baseball Cap that would look great this season.
- Bomber: Bombers are pretty much the #1 outerwear staple this fall/winter. I purchased an inexpensive, oxblood colored bomber around two months ago, but I would love to own Gucci’s Embroidered Duchesse Bomber.
- Flared Trousers: I recently started following Lisa Says Gah on Instagram and their Flared Pant caught my eye, instantly. I can see myself pairing the pant with a silver mule. Too bad they’re sold out. 😢
- Pink Fur: Gucci’s candy-floss-pink coat is everything dreams are made of; if only I could eradicate those zeroes. (Hey, a girl can dream!)
- Leopard Faux Fur Coat: I love a good fur coat, especially one with print. The Stella McCartney Fur-Free-Fur Leopard Coat is definitely a conversation-starter. I’d wear this during a cold, night on a town in NY. Unfortunately, I’d only get a few days wear, because it doesn’t get THAT cold in Texas.
- Lucite or Perspex Boots: Call me crazy, but I have to get my hands on a pair of Lucite Boots. I have several looks I’d like to achieve with the crystal clear shoe of the moment.
- Black Beret: I’ve been trying to score a black beret since last fall. I couldn’t seem to find one, ANYWHERE. Oh, but that won’t be the case this time. I spotted the perfect wool beret via Nasty Gal. #Winning
- Letterman: This is definitely on my list of outerwear to purchase this season. Last week, I spotted the cutest letterman or patch jacket via Zara.
- Velvet Cocktail Dress: Velvet is such a sexy and timeless fabric. Expect to see me in more than one Cocktail Dress, paired with a moto jacket and strappy heels.
- Pink Silk Blouse: I previously mentioned buying an oxblood bomber — well, I think a Pink Silk Blouse would be a match made in ensemble heaven. I’d finish the look with mom jeans in a light blue wash and silver loafers.
- Ear Piercing: After seeing a photo of Chiara Ferragni‘s triple ear piercing, I want to follow suit. In case you haven’t noticed, multiple ear piercings looks great with small, subtle studs.
What about you, what are your fall/winter musthaves?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I like leather pants. The ones I’m wearing happen to be the only pair I own. The longline top paired with the leather pants are a perfect combination. The peek-a-boo slit is my favorite feature. I randomly thought about it when I was
shopping browsing online. I found the top and thought, “I could wear this with a pair of leather pants.” Ironically, I found a similar getup via NastyGal. Might I add that I’m not the biggest fan of silver jewelry but the silver rings, and bracelets definitely complement the all black look.
What’s your idea of the perfect all black look?
Faux Fur Cardigan (No longer available)
Slit Longline Top
Liquid Pants (No longer available)
Three Strap Barely There Heeled Sandals
Stacked Ring Set
I love a good faux fur. Let’s face it, my disposable income won’t allow me to buy the real deal (one day). Nowadays, you can snag a decent-looking faux fur for under $200. Sure, you might fork over more, but I’ll bet money that the quality is exceptional. Make a note that known retailers like NastyGal, MissGuided, TopShop and Asos have an amazing selection of faux furs.
The one I’m wearing below is from MissGuided. Not so fast! Unfortunately, it’s sold out! However, you can click the aforementioned links for an identical version. The coat is amazing and worth the money. The warm inner lining serves its purpose with the below-freezing temperatures we’ve experienced in the last couple weeks. The dress I’m wearing underneath was definitely overshadowed by the furry goodness.
Tell me about your faux fur coat experience!
Faux Fur Coat (No longer available)
High-Slit Bodycon Dress
Wide Fit Heeled Sandals
Ball-Embellished Ring Set
Ridged-Band Ring Set
We had a cold front usher it’s way through the DFW area. The good news is that it presented the opportunity for me to wear my fringe jacket. I snagged this baby in the summer and I’ve waited patiently to wear it at the right time. It’s a 100% suede with a nice fringe detail on both sides. Actually, everything I’m wearing below happens to be some of my favorite fall pieces. After a month-long hunt, I found a reasonably priced Lace Up Front Bodysuit – score! I was coveting one from a known clothier, but couldn’t bring myself to pay almost $100. I found an inexpensive version via MissGuided for $37.
The denim flares I’m wearing are every bit of amazing. I ordered them on a whim and didn’t regret paying over $100. Like my other pair of denim flares these too, had to be altered. They were just too long. Now, they’re a perfect fit. The bell at the bottom might be extreme for some, but I love it. I’ll definitely get plenty of wears out of these jeans!
Do you own a pair of denim flares? If so, are they worth the price?
Genuine Suede Fringe Jacket
Lace Up Front Bodysuit
Highland High Rise Flare
Faux Suede Strappy Sandals