Happy Fat Tuesday!
I think I’ve mentioned this before, and pardon me if I have—outwear is my favorite thing about winter. I like having options for keeping warm when the weather permits. So far, I’ve needed every piece of outerwear (and then some) for this F/W.
I love bombers. I own several with all being different from the next. My newest addition happens to be extremely masculine, associated with a daily mantra one should never forget: you will NEVER LOSE.
Founder and creator, Lemuel Okogbodu is making strides with his custom-made pieces for both men and women. We spoke briefly about NVRLSE, and this is what he had to say:
Never Lose is a brand that aims to encourage the success of the individual. We believe in the narrative of the winner. This does not mean one will never stumble and fall. It is simply a reminder that when it’s all said and done, you will NEVER LOSE.
It’s so inspiring to be connected to individuals who are in tune with the betterment of not only themselves, but of other people!
What daily mantra do you swear by?
The Makeup Tribe
NVRLSE Bomber – No longer available in black!
Contrast Check Dress
Leggings w/ Double Side Stripe
Glitter booties – No longer available
Happy Fashion Friday, Sweets!
We have approximately 11 days until summer ‘17. Are you ready? If so, good! If not, me neither! LMAO
I think I’ve discussed in previous posts that I don’t buy a bunch of threads when a new season is on the horizon. For starters, my disposable income won’t allow it, and that just seems like a daunting task.
Therefore, I purchase pieces at a time — good for both my wallet and sanity. Speaking of which, Beehive Boutique is my favorite! Their website AND stores are oozing with the trendiest pieces. It’s like shopping at a retail oasis, especially their location in Fort Worth!
Keep your eyes peeled for these summer ’17 trends:
- Shirting – One of my favorite trends; I don’t see us tiring of it anytime soon.
- Gingham – I own a fabulous gingham skirt. I personally approve of gingham on gingham.
- Basket Bags – I’m STILL trying to snag Cult Gaia’s Ark bag, it’s seriously a best seller.
- Retro Swimsuits – Don’t be afraid to opt for a nostalgic one piece or high waist bikini.
- Slides – Another one of my favorite trends! I’ve accumulated quite a few from Zara.
- Bold Florals – Start with an easy maxi if you’re reluctant to try this trend.
- Wrap Dresses – DVF.com!
What trends are you coveting for summer ’17?
Printed Top – Sold in stores
Denim Skirt – Sold in stores
Gold choker – HM
Trend cred: Elle
Do you remember those ensemble sets, or for the sake of familiarity, short sets your mother picked out for your daily summer adventures? My fondest memories of summer fashion were those (sometimes ridiculous) short sets. I had a lavender and lime duo that I considered a staple; I chuckle just thinking about it.
Thirty years later, and I STILL love a good set. They’re perfect for both spring and summer; and honestly, less time is spent with finding something to wear. Whether it’s a matching set or mix and match number, you have the luxury to throw on and go.
The sassy, yet quirky set I’m wearing isn’t a set, but to the untrained eye, it appears to be. 😌
My tips for nailing said look:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different patterns and/or prints. For example: gingham, polka dots, floral, stripes, etc.
- Choose your shorts, first.
- Seek out pieces that can be remixed with existing threads you already own!
- Have fun with your look!
I want to hear from you! What’s your style protocol for scoring the perfect summer set?
Criss Cross Sandal
Casio Digital Watch
Fall is undoubtedly here, and I’m coveting a long list of wardrobe staples… *sigh*
- Suede Baseball Cap: I love baseball caps. They’re great if you’re having a bad hair day, and/or if you want to jazz up your look. I’m always browsing Nasty Gal, and I found a Vegan Suede Baseball Cap that would look great this season.
- Bomber: Bombers are pretty much the #1 outerwear staple this fall/winter. I purchased an inexpensive, oxblood colored bomber around two months ago, but I would love to own Gucci’s Embroidered Duchesse Bomber.
- Flared Trousers: I recently started following Lisa Says Gah on Instagram and their Flared Pant caught my eye, instantly. I can see myself pairing the pant with a silver mule. Too bad they’re sold out. 😢
- Pink Fur: Gucci’s candy-floss-pink coat is everything dreams are made of; if only I could eradicate those zeroes. (Hey, a girl can dream!)
- Leopard Faux Fur Coat: I love a good fur coat, especially one with print. The Stella McCartney Fur-Free-Fur Leopard Coat is definitely a conversation-starter. I’d wear this during a cold, night on a town in NY. Unfortunately, I’d only get a few days wear, because it doesn’t get THAT cold in Texas.
- Lucite or Perspex Boots: Call me crazy, but I have to get my hands on a pair of Lucite Boots. I have several looks I’d like to achieve with the crystal clear shoe of the moment.
- Black Beret: I’ve been trying to score a black beret since last fall. I couldn’t seem to find one, ANYWHERE. Oh, but that won’t be the case this time. I spotted the perfect wool beret via Nasty Gal. #Winning
- Letterman: This is definitely on my list of outerwear to purchase this season. Last week, I spotted the cutest letterman or patch jacket via Zara.
- Velvet Cocktail Dress: Velvet is such a sexy and timeless fabric. Expect to see me in more than one Cocktail Dress, paired with a moto jacket and strappy heels.
- Pink Silk Blouse: I previously mentioned buying an oxblood bomber — well, I think a Pink Silk Blouse would be a match made in ensemble heaven. I’d finish the look with mom jeans in a light blue wash and silver loafers.
- Ear Piercing: After seeing a photo of Chiara Ferragni‘s triple ear piercing, I want to follow suit. In case you haven’t noticed, multiple ear piercings looks great with small, subtle studs.
What about you, what are your fall/winter musthaves?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin