I’m always researching fashion trends for the coming season. Hence, the reason why I’m wearing polka dot trousers in one photo, and blush cords in another. It’s a habit; in case anyone wants to peruse through the site and find out, it’s all here.
Polka dots, pink hues, and shades of yellow are showing up this spring. If you’ve never been to Dallas, our weather is pretty unpredictable. We’ve already experienced spring-like weather — highs in the 80’s last week.
Beehive Boutique in Fort Worth is the chicest. The inside is so picturesque, and the store is oozing with trendy merch for the fashion gal on a budget!
Heres’s a list of trends for Spring 2017:
- Seaside Stripes
- Polka Dots
- 50 Shades of Yellow
- Banker Stripes
- Statement Stripes
- Single Shoulder Cut-Off
- Flashdance Shoulder
- Sleeve Slits
- White Shirt Dresses
- Waist Cinchers
- The New Trench Coat
- Shocking Pink
- Flower Power
What trends are you coveting for spring?
Also, I’m wearing the Crayola x Clinique’s Mango Tango and Tickle Me Pink on my lips. They showed up as a slight tint on my lips, but they’re extremely moisturizing nonetheless!
Ensemble (1) Details:
Polka Dot Trousers
Ensemble (2) Details:
Colonel Mustard Top
Oh, Boy Corduroy! Flares
Post-Christmas sales are Heaven-sent. If there’s any holes in your wardrobe, that’s the perfect time to fill them! Zara and Nordstrom are worth mentioning, because I scored chic pieces without going over budget. I’ve also taken advantage of American Apparel’s Going Out of Business sale. Regular-priced items are 40% off and everything on sale is 70%, um yes. These high-waisted denim pants were a regular $70, but I got them for $21! Not to mention, they make my derrière look quite nice.
I had a look in mind involving a crewneck sweatshirt and denim pants, with fishnets underneath. The one I’m wearing was originally $55, but I bought it for $22. It’s a TopShop original, sold at Nordstrom. It has both a feminine and masculine appeal, and it looks good with almost anything, whether it be jeans or a skirt.
What were your post-Christmas sale finds?
Crewneck Sweatshirt (No longer available)
High Waisted Denim (No longer available)
I jumped on the Huarache bandwagon last fall, while visiting a SIX:02 location, here in Dallas. Initially, I was shopping for pieces from Rihanna’s apparel line, Fenty x Puma, but I got distracted. I wandered over to the shoes, and one of the reps encouraged me to try on a pair of Huaraches. My initial thought was, These shoes are difficult to put on. However, that didn’t stop me from wanting them. After stuffing my feet into the 8, I pranced around the store in hopes of finding a way to talk myself out of buying them — nope. Needless to say, I went home with the sneakers. Mind you, I’ve never paid over $50 for sneakers, so I guess that’s why I had a case of buyer’s remorse. I returned the sneakers the next day, only to end up snagging an Adidas bomber I spotted before eyeing the Huaraches.
To my surprise, I was gifted a pair for Christmas from the SIX:02 team! It was totally unexpected, and the shoes arrived a few weeks prior. Huaraches are a stylish sneaker; once you get them on, they’re super comfortable. Eventually, I’ll wear these whenever I go running (which will probably be never 🙃). My first wear was last week, and I paired them with a top from MissGuided. I like really like the idea of wearing rocker tees with leather bottoms, and completing the look with an edgy sneaker.
Do you have a sneaker crush? If so, share it in the comments below!
Seek The Storm Graphic T-Shirt
I’m slowly, but surely crossing all the items on my fall/winter wishlist. All except for the candy-floss-pink coat from Gucci, priced at $15,000. *SIGH*
Lately, Zara has been my go-to for inexpensive fall finds, and more. I found a pair of flared trousers that are just as chic as the Lisa Says Gah, Flared Trouser. The bell at the bottom is certainly an eye-catcher, and they’re a perfect fit! The top I’m wearing is another favorite purchase of mine via Zara. I was eyeing the tulle top online, but never made a purchase. When I saw it in store, I didn’t past go! Lol
Tell me about any recent fall/winter finds you’ve purchased!
Women’s Tulle Tiger T-shirt
Frilled Hem Trousers (Not the exact pair I’m wearing, but remotely close!)
Cross Mini Hoops
Velvet Choker – Thin
Velvet is one of those fabrics that I’ll never tire of, and it’s making a comeback like never before. A few weeks ago, all thanks to Octer, I scored the chicest velvet skirt for under $50. The skirt is a bit short, but I prefer shorter skirts for this time of year, because they look great with tights. Speaking of tights, I’ve been dying to wear the fishnets I snagged for $6!
What velvet pieces have you snagged for fall/winter?
Moto Jacket (No longer available)
Ribbed Mock Neck Top
Petite Velvet Flippy Skirt
Faux Leather Chelsea Boots
If you missed the Color Condition Installation via the Galleria Dallas, shame on you! The gorgeous paper chandelier hung above the Main Rink of the Ice Skating Center. Marianne Newsom and Sunny Slinger’s work of art made for a great shooting location. The looks below were chose by yours truly, from Zara!
Which look is your favorite?
Jason Fitzhugh Photography
Shiny Cropped Sweater
Short Metallic Skirt
High Heel Ankle Boots With Metallic Pull Tab
Shiny Top With Full Sleeves
Shiny Jacquard Trousers
Laminated Chunky Sole Plimsolls
Velvet Chocker – Thin
Fall is undoubtedly here, and I’m coveting a long list of wardrobe staples… *sigh*
- Suede Baseball Cap: I love baseball caps. They’re great if you’re having a bad hair day, and/or if you want to jazz up your look. I’m always browsing Nasty Gal, and I found a Vegan Suede Baseball Cap that would look great this season.
- Bomber: Bombers are pretty much the #1 outerwear staple this fall/winter. I purchased an inexpensive, oxblood colored bomber around two months ago, but I would love to own Gucci’s Embroidered Duchesse Bomber.
- Flared Trousers: I recently started following Lisa Says Gah on Instagram and their Flared Pant caught my eye, instantly. I can see myself pairing the pant with a silver mule. Too bad they’re sold out. 😢
- Pink Fur: Gucci’s candy-floss-pink coat is everything dreams are made of; if only I could eradicate those zeroes. (Hey, a girl can dream!)
- Leopard Faux Fur Coat: I love a good fur coat, especially one with print. The Stella McCartney Fur-Free-Fur Leopard Coat is definitely a conversation-starter. I’d wear this during a cold, night on a town in NY. Unfortunately, I’d only get a few days wear, because it doesn’t get THAT cold in Texas.
- Lucite or Perspex Boots: Call me crazy, but I have to get my hands on a pair of Lucite Boots. I have several looks I’d like to achieve with the crystal clear shoe of the moment.
- Black Beret: I’ve been trying to score a black beret since last fall. I couldn’t seem to find one, ANYWHERE. Oh, but that won’t be the case this time. I spotted the perfect wool beret via Nasty Gal. #Winning
- Letterman: This is definitely on my list of outerwear to purchase this season. Last week, I spotted the cutest letterman or patch jacket via Zara.
- Velvet Cocktail Dress: Velvet is such a sexy and timeless fabric. Expect to see me in more than one Cocktail Dress, paired with a moto jacket and strappy heels.
- Pink Silk Blouse: I previously mentioned buying an oxblood bomber — well, I think a Pink Silk Blouse would be a match made in ensemble heaven. I’d finish the look with mom jeans in a light blue wash and silver loafers.
- Ear Piercing: After seeing a photo of Chiara Ferragni‘s triple ear piercing, I want to follow suit. In case you haven’t noticed, multiple ear piercings looks great with small, subtle studs.
What about you, what are your fall/winter musthaves?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I’m obsessed with mules. Growing up, I remember both my mom and grandma wearing them. I thought they were the ugliest shoes on the planet. Now, I can’t get enough of the peculiar-looking shoe. They were definitely a thing last year and this year, too. I had a pair that I swore by, but unfortunately I had to give them up for obvious reasons, like wear and tear. Luckily, I had another pair that I held onto that were practically new.
I’ve teamed up with Tobi to give you inspiration for you to remix as your own. A pair of perfectly tailored trousers + an asymmetrical tank = an ideal ensemble for a mild, fall day! 🍂
What are your thoughts on mules? How do you like to pair them?
Kelly Pleasted High Waist Pants
Dawn Asymmetric Tank
Mules (No longer available)
Twisted Statement Necklace
Fall is here. *Inserts excitement*
Summer came for a day, packed it’s bags, and left. Fortunately, it left its temps behind. If you know Texas’ weather, you know we won’t experience the cooler temps until mid November. I find that to be a good thing, because you can still get away with wearing certain pieces that are deemed for summer only. Since mid-August, I’ve purchased pieces here and there from my Fall musthaves list (I’ll share with you all later on this month). Nonetheless, one of the items on the list is a fringe skirt. During one of my pinning sessions via Pinterest, I spotted inspiration with exactly what I had in mind. Having said that, I’ve joined forces with Tobi to bring you inspiration that you too can recreate for fall/winter, without breaking the bank!
What piece(s) are you coveting for fall/winter 16?
Creme Blouse (No longer available)
Twisted Statement Necklace
It really is a happy Tuesday, because it’s TACO TUESDAY!
Let’s talk rompers. I believe rompers are a summer staple. Like jumpsuits, they’re easy to style. With temps being synonymous with fish grease, I really don’t want to take up too much time trying to find something to wear. It’s just too hot!
Not only was it boiling hot on Saturday, it was humid. I swear, the humidity we experienced this past weekend was greater than the humidity you experience in Houston.
Luckily, I didn’t suffer too much, all thanks to light dressing of the Just Like Me Cut-Out Romper. If you glance from afar, it appears that I’m wearing an extremely short dress, but if you look closer, you’ll notice that the shorts are wide-leg. The sweetheart neckline, and the front cut-out is what sold me! To wing myself off wearing darker colors, I opted for gray. 😊
What are your thoughts? What are your summer staples? Describe your ideal romper.